Happy Valentine's Day to You!

These pictures are from a few years ago.  My boys don't make valentine's for their mama anymore.  Guess it's my own fault.  But I can enjoy these from the cyber photo treasure box. 

Brazil doesn't have a Valentine's Day in February.  They do celebrate a sort of lover's day in May or June, can't remember which!  But it's not the same thing.  No little candy hearts with silly phrases about loving and liking, and no cards to pass out at school to all your friends either.

Some times it's hard to remember that it's time for a certain American holiday when no else is celebrating.  Guess that's what those special send a card automatically websites are for, eh?

Well, in case I forget before the right day gets here this month, Happy Valentine's Day to you!  You, whoever you are out there in the great big world.  You, relatives and friends.  You, readers and blog jumpers.  You who happen upon this silly little post on my silly little blog.  You, Aaron, Joshua and Isaiah, down south!  And you, Grandma and Grandaddy, up north!

Some silly Valentine's quotes just right for silly boys:

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.   Unknown

I claim there ain't
Another Saint
As great as Valentine.
Ogden Nash
 

Without love, what are we worth?  Eighty-nine cents!  Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.
M*A*S*H, Hawkeye


Son, you outgrew my lap, but never my heart. Unknown







Good poems for silly boys:

Where the Sidewalk Ends 30th Anniversary Edition: Poems and Drawings

 

Comments

  1. Ah, Michele, only you...ha, I loved this "silly" post.
    And I laughed outloud at "unknown"'s quote. Really!
    Thanks for the ray of sunshne here after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your silly little blog. I especially loved the "Hawkeye" quote. But then, he's my favorite character. We've not ever bothered with Valentine's Day either. Our birthdays are too close in proximity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts