"Canned" Days




Family faces are magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.  Gail Lumet Buckley

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.  From the television show The Wonder Years
 
Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.  Oscar Wilde
 

Hmmm, how to "can a day?"  You know, those days that seem just perfect you want access to them whenever the need arises.  Jeb Dickerson

*******
Can a day be "canned?"  Can you slow down time, catch it and keep it in a jar?  If only.  We can "preserve" our memories and special moments nowadays with photos, scrapbooking, and even with journaling and blogging.   I guess that's why I keep a blog.  It's sort of an online scrapbook of my memories.


I can hold on to them.  Post them for all to see.  Visit them often and set my well processed jars on the shelf of the cellartop for all to view.


Wishing you happy memories and slowed down moments this week, Mom, and other dear readers!  Let's not rush through the week.  Let's take the time to sit and enjoy at least a few precious memory making moments along the way of the business and rush of life.








Book I'd love to get and read ---


One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

Comments

  1. Thank you. I've already slowed things down just a little this morning. We must really be related..as I sort I often stop and save things, in old jars. My old marbles from WVa and the old house on the hill. Old little toys from you and Wesley,special ones given by special people.Just yesterday I found old pictures that had been put a side and now found. Old books with loose pages.. I love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I love memories...the good ones, that is. That's why my photos and other keepsakes are so important to me. And making new wonderful memories! I hope my brain always functions well enough to remember the important and beautiful things of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts