Confessions of the Soul

And I prayed to the LORD my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,

Daniel 9:4 

Old chapel, Praia do Forte, Bahia

Seems I yell at my kids most often on Sunday on the way to church or getting ready to go.

I'm never super well prepared for my Sunday School class.


Every corner of my house almost always has a cobweb.

I haven't swept behind the freezer or refrigerator in who knows when.

I hate passing out random tracts, but often do it nonetheless.

There is a small hill of unfolded laundry in a chair in my bedroom.

My sink is rarely shiny like the Fly Lady says it ought to be.


I can't stand to take out water to passers-by even though I realize one of them one day could be an angel in disguise.

I often tell kids in the front yard that there time is up and their mothers must be calling them.

I play Scramble on Facebook way too much and should probably give it up.  I did stop playing Bejeweled it was just too addicting thinking that it was just one more minute.

I ride my bike a lot to church and to the breadstore but I don't get any awards for speed.

Instead of facing some people with a smile, I prefer to avoid them all together.

Some people's Facebook statuses drive me crazy and so I have blocked them.  No, if you are reading this you probably aren't one of them.

I have let my kids eat cereal for lunch when my husband is out for the day and I can't stand the thought of cooking anything.

I do not read my Bible as often as I should and ought to, but I pray all the time.

My usual prayer is short and simple.  "Lord, please help me.  Right now."

When I go to get my nails done, I tell the boys I'm going to visit a friend.  She is a friend and they usually figure it out. 

I don't think I divide my love very well between my three boys.  But it's okay because I love each one differently every day, but love them all just the same.  Does that make any sense at all?

I'm not so sure I would stay in Brazil if something were to happen to my husband.  I might.

If I had lots of money, I'd buy more shoes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts