Love


Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work.   Anon.

Chains do not hold a marriage together.  It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.  Simone Signoret


Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.  Emily Kimbrough


I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.
Author Unknown

Ah, what dreams we have as young people!  Dreams of large houses and beautiful children.  
Hopes for happiness always and perfect days.  On May 30, 1987, I dreamed of telling stories to children under a tree in a far off land with my missionary husband hurding them all to hear.  I dreamed of travels and baptisms and my husband preaching to large crowds, of teaching missionary children, and occasional walks on beautiful tropical beaches.

We've done all these things and more.  Together Byron and I have worked in five different churches, a missionary children's school, and now a Christian camp. We've walked on many beaches and ridden in all types of boats, buses and cars. We've traveled to 10 Brazilian states  and all over America.  We've seen three boys come into our life and home and grow.  We've shared the Gospel with more children and adults than I could ever count.

We've had good times and some not so happy at all.  We've seen a small share of wealth, small.  We've seen a good share of doing without and scraping by.  We're together.  I think we're in love, and we're learning still, every day.

Hey, what are we going to do for our 25th anniversary, by the way!

Love you, Byron Atha!  Get yourself home from this big trip so we can go out on a real date!







Song of Solomon 3:3
The watchmen who go about the city found me; I said,“ Have you seen the one I love?”

 Night Light: A Devotional for Couples


Comments

  1. Congratulations and, wow, only 1 more yr til the magical 25th! Good summary of your yrs together, good quotes about marriage, good post!
    The Lord bless & keep you...
    Rena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts