Thankful Heart



My heart was full last night as my family got ready to decorate our tree. All my boys are big now and not all were entirely interested in the old tradition. But regardless I was determined not to just "get it done" but also to enjoy and savor the moments.

I was called away in the beginning of our time with a church member needing a little help with her elderly mother.  I could have said no, but hurried along and got home quickly from the errand just in time to serve some extra Thanksgiving pie with a smile.



Thursday we spent the day with missionary friends on the other side of our giant lake. We all enjoyed a traditional holiday meal and took advantage of the time to squeeze in a little chemistry with our chem lab prof/ missionary uncle.

My dear missionary colleague planned to make bread and butter pickles in the afternoon so we were able to take home a big jar of pickles as a treasure from the day.  Yum!  Yum!
Three Pie Day - Pumpkin, Coconut Macaroon, Apple


Yesterday not only did the tree go up but the living room got its annual redecorating for the holidays with all my nativities being set out on the top of my old buffet cabinet. My heart is thankful for so much this year.

Happy to be a part of God's family, my family and a missionary family of many colleagues. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

See my other Thanksgiving post at my homeschooling journal...

Comments

Popular Posts