17306 Days


As of today that's how many days I've been alive here on the face of the earth.  Interesting isn't it?  You can find out how many days you've been alive on site www.therobertd.com of the author of 20,000 Days, Robert D. Smith.  It's an amazing little book that can be read in a few hours.  Mr. Smith, on passing his 50th birthday, felt he needed some time for reevaluation and self-reflection.  His book is the result with practical tips and inspirational messages about how to make better use of the time you've been given.

"Redeeming the Time" has always been one of my self-themes of live, so I enjoyed reading about how Mr. Smith decided to make better use of each one of his days.  Even though the author is a spiritual person, his style is not that of preaching or even teaching, just sharing and relating what he himself came to see  as goals for his next 20,000 days.

I liked the fact that Mr. Smith is to the point and suggests that each person is fully and totally accountable to what he or she does with their time.  No dancing around the bush with excused allowed, make your decisions, figure out what you want out of life, and get it done.  Ah, and don't let the junk in life get you down.

It was a very positive book and relatively easy to read.  I did have a hard time starting it, but once I did, it was quick to finish.  Worth the read!  It gave me a lot to consider as I contemplate what I want to accomplish in the years I have left.

BTW, I received this as an e-book from Booksneeze.com for free.  I super enjoyed reading it on my new Kindle!

Comments

Popular Posts