Kids and Smiles

Kid's Camp 2013

My summer was full of lots of kids and lots of smiles.  Sometime the smile was not on my face as the work was long and hard, but at the end of day there is contentment for a job accomplished.  The job of telling boys and girls about the Lord while their hearts are still warm and ready is not easy in today's hard, harsh world.

This particular scene above came on the boat ride home after the big kids' retreat out on the island in July.
On the way home from many retreats, I pull out my purple earplugs and find a place to curl up in the bottom of the boat.  This retreat found me playing "stewardess" and passing out water and snacks during the first part of the trip.  During the second half I was supervising the great flux of up and down with boys and girls wanted to come to the bottom and go to the top - around and around.

To keep people seated and happy we started singing songs.  Before long someone said - where are the papers and we sang all the songs - three times over.  No nap for me, but all the kids got off the boat happy and smiling!


But Jesus called them to Him and said, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.  
Luke 18: 16 -17

Comments

Popular Posts