Peace in the Storm

After some of the tornadoes out west this week I happened upon this photo that was shown on major newscast and on several places around the web.  I had heard the popular praise song on the radio since with have been in the States.  The lyrics of the song are just so incredible...

"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm...
{Casting Crowns}
 
 
Interesting isn't it that we often see God as the Great Hero in the sky who is just sitting there waiting for us to make a call on that red phone and He will come swooping down to save the day... 
 
And yet, often we wait.  My mom tells the story of praying for an uncle for more than twenty years.  The family had long since moved away and had little contact during the course of time, but the prayers continued.  One day they received a call that said uncle had made a great change in his life and had accepted the Lord Jesus as Savior.  
 
I'm sure many had given up hope.  
 
How can we praise the Lord in the middle of our sufferings and keep on, pressing on when things seem so dim and hopeless?
 
I'm not a good one to talk, as they say.  Somedays I'm up and ready to conquer the world and somedays I'd rather just stay in my comfy bed and forget life.  But "experts" say and I agree with the following five points...
 
1.  Get up and make your bed right away each day.  You'll be less tempted to get back in!
 
2.  Get up and get dressed as if you're going somewhere each day.  Even if you aren't going out that day.
 
3.  Volunteer somewhere, anywhere, to do anything.  Schools, rest homes, hospitals.  You'll feel needed.

4.  Pray, pray, pray!  Specifically, regularly, daily.

5.  Study God's Word for encouraging words...




Comments

Popular Posts