Woe or Wow?



This furlough I was privileged to participate in a couple of incredible Bible studies at the church we lived beside - Community Baptist of Reidsville.  This week ended lessons in the Beth Moore study about 1 & 2 Thessalonians.  I chose not to purchase the book, but did work on handwriting the chapters of both Thessalonians.  Ended up not completing the last two chapters as life got rather hairy these past three weeks.  In fact I've missed the past three weeks in a row of the study because of this wild, crazy month...but the studies were great.  I took notes each time and learned much.

The last lesson was focused on 2 Thessalonians 3:  1-3

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is

with you,  and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith.

But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.


As part of the lesson, each woman was asked to write 10 words on her hands -

"For not all have faith, but the Lord is faithful."

The first part on the left hand and the second part on the right.

That very next morning, with the words still on my hands from the study, I had one of those WOE moments.  I looked down at my hands, prayed, and smiled.  God is faithful and He is in control.  After the ink wore off, I abbreviated a little and just wrote "WOE" on the left and "WOW" on the right.  Woe is how the unfaithful make us feel, and Wow is for "Wow, God IS faithful!"

It's going to be a rough couple of weeks as we get set to fly out to Brazil in about 15 days, say good-bye to one of our boys who will be staying in the States, tell family adeus for a bit, and work to get all packed up in such a short time.  I know I'll be having lots of #WOEisme moments, but I think I'll just keep my temporary "tattoos" for the next few weeks and keep looking up to the Faithful God.



Comments

  1. My tears have flowed free these past few weeks for me it's been tough but for you I can't imagine.Today was the first time for a long time that I heard you laugh.May these last days as we're together for a few days may we share tears and laughter.May we shop tell we drop to laugh and enjoy at least one cup of coffee.I love you beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed again thinking about shopping with no money - Daddy's got some! Let's Go!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts