The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like.

Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me!

One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squeal.  Seems the possum nipped Girl on the nose!  Girl had the possum in her mouth at one point and as she slung it around and around little baby possums went flying in the air in all directions!  It was quite a scene!  The possum mother laid on the ground as if she was dead and when we called the dogs off of her she got up - from playing possum - and ran off leaving her babies all over the yard.  Uncle Byron scooped them up locating each one by its mousy squeeks ad put them in a box with some grass.  He hoped the mother would come back later to reclaim them.  She did not, sadly.  Better to just end that short story there.

baby possums in a box
Here's the link to the cat story...
 This is a very special story written for my three little nephews who live in Southern Brazil very far from where I live up in the Northeast ...

Comments

Popular Posts