Take Time to Play

Hey boys!  Today Aunt Michele has a poem for your mother and just some news for you boys.  Tomorrow is me and Uncle Byron's 28th wedding anniversary.  I'm going to dedicate my writing time to making a post about all those many years. 

I hope you fellows have had a good week inspite of all the rain in Texas I've been hearing about on the news.  This week in Sobradinho has been cool and breezy as we are entering our cool and breezy season.  You see, where we live there are basically two seasons:  hot and no wind and cool and breezy with slight possibilities of minor rainfall in between the two "seaons."

Since I'm being newsy, I'll go ahead and tell you that all the dogs are happy.  Greyson is fine and dandy.  Uncle Byron think he is getting old and fat and has started a rigorous exercise schedule recently.  And, I'm ok.  Ah, I did have a little scare with a stray dog yesterday. The dog looked like a real mutt but had a collar.  I think he was friendly, but, nonetheless, I was not interested in having a conversation.  He followed me for a bit, before I politely told him to buzz off.   And was internally grateful when he did.

Go outside this afternoon and play near your trees and think of me as I often think of you.



The Dishes Went Unwashed One Day

The dishes went unwashed one day
We didn’t make the beds
I took their hands and followed
Where their eager footsteps led.

Oh, yes, we went adventuring
All three boys, and I
Exploring in the our yard
Beneath the deep blue sky.

We played out in the warm bright sun
We wandered here and there
The kitchen wasn’t swept that day
But life was glad and good.

That my house was neglected
That we didn’t sweep the stairs
In twenty years, no one on earth
Will know or even care.

But that I helped some little boy
To a nobler man grow
In twenty years, the whole wide world
Will look, and see, and know!


I found this poem in an old, out of print Girl Scout Manual many years ago.  I modified it to suit my family....  Take care, Aunt Michele.

If you follow the link to the first time I posted this poem you can see photos of a wild iguana the boys and I observed close up one time in the front yard.  We watched it for a long time and the boys talked to it and considered if they could catch it, but iguanas are known for their fierce tails with little spikes and for their sharp claws.

Click Here for More iguana pics and a Poem... 

Comments

Popular Posts