Thank you, Mom


The photo above was taken about a year ago as my husband and I arrived in the States weary and worn. My mother was there.  She's been there for me and my family over and over and in many ways.
Sometimes in person - like when she and Dad came to be with us for Dalton's birth in Fortaleza in 1997 as well as many other trips to Brazil.  


She's been at the airport everytime I've flown in or out and now she's doing the same for the grandsons with our son, William's recent arrival in the States from Brazil.

She and I don't agree totally on all things but we are frequently mistaken one for the other and I'm proud to have people say - in any sense - "You're just like your mother!"

My mom and my dad have been the best of parents of missionaries - traveling, writing letters, learning about facebook and email and skype to stay in touch.  And now they are reaching out not just across the oceans of distance but across oceans of love as they care for their next generation.
Mom and Dad got to spend a three day weekend this month with our boarding school boy.  It wasn't easy.  Hotels costs money and long drives are rough.  But they made it happen and they did it with joy.  I couldn't be more thankful and peaceful to have my parents as the incredible people they are and the wonderful examples they are to me and to all their grandsons.

I WOULD NOT BE WHERE I AM TODAY IF IT WERE NOT FOR MY MOM AND DAD.  
I COULD NOT BE ON THE MISSION FIELD WITHOUT THEIR SUPPORT AND HELP.

I pray everyday for their health and stamina to keep on for a little bit more, and I know they pray for me faithfully everyday.

Thank you, Mom, on this Mother's Day of 2015 for all you do!

Surely there will be a unique heavenly crown for the mother's of missionares, and I know that my mother would be in that line..

 

Comments

Popular Posts