Sleeping Dogs

... and sleeping boys?


When we moved to Bahia from Fortaleza in 2004, Uncle Byron had a big surprised waiting for the boys - a three boy bunk bed!   I was scared to death.  I was sure that William would fall off of the top and break his neck and that all the other beds could collaspe and squish Greyson on the bottom into a pancake man.

But the bunk beds proved their sturdiness time and again over the year.  Today Greyson sleeps on the middle bed and throws his junk on the other two.  Ah, sorry!  He organizes his things on the other two in neat order.

As our boys were growing up, they enjoyed many things together.  Brothers should be happy together and love each other always.  William, Dalton and Greyson were like three peas in a pod as the saying goes.


Dalton was supposed to be pretending to be sad and caught by the other two!


Ah, but often it's good to do something with out the rest as well, right?

One night not too long ago, I couldn't find the dogs to put them to bed.  I looked and looked.  Finally I found Girl Dog laying on a rug near the side of bed.  Girl and Tiny almost always sleep out back in the old school room which is now a storage room.  During the day they wonder in and out because all the doors are wide open.  At night whenever we lock everything up, I call them and say - Go to Bed!  Girl and Tiny know that this means to go on back to their blanket in the the old school room.

On this particular night when I found Girl on the rug near my bed, I decided to leave her there.  She is old and she looked some happy.  Sometimes when it is rainy we let them stay in anyway, but not often.  William on the other hand apparently spoiled them and allowed them to sleep in the house every night when he was here for six months by himself.  William said he was lonely at night.  And who wouldn't have been after sleeping in a room with three brothers for 18 years!

But alas, my story.  I still couldn't find Tiny.  Ah, I figured she most be outside and so I shut the door and went to bed, careful not to step on Girl.  Sometime early in the morning I woke up and decided it was a good time for Girl to move along.  She stretched and slowly got up and we walked to the back door, when I walked down the hall I heard something jump in the office room where William had been sleeping before he left for the States in May.  It was Tiny! I turned on the light just in time to see her jumping out of the office room bed!  And I had felt sorry for her being outside while Girl was in!

It's William's fault I'm sure.  He must have let those dogs sleep right in the bed with him!

Thank you, William Atha!

At least, Tiny says Thank you for the empty bed!

I'm more careful now to make sure no one is on any beds when it's time to turn in at night.




Comments

Popular Posts