The Roads of My Life



Two years ago this week my family and I left our house on a bumpy road to the big city and the airport.  We were tired and worn out.  We were confused and not sure of the future - near or far.  





We were heading to the States for a scheduled furlough.  It was close to Christmas and I had high hopes that the land of plenty would have some resolution, some help, some anything.  As we headed down the country road to my parents' house, I prayed that the love of family would wrap us up with warmth and help bring on the healing we needed.


For a year it felt like we were running here and there, 
looking for answers everywhere we traveled.


In all the hurrying about, I wasn't sure if we didn't need to just stop and enjoy the ride, so to speak...


Somehow, somewhere along one of those long roads, we made some big decisions which including stopping some of the hustle and bustle and realizing that we couldn't hunt for answers all over the place.  With that resolution we came back to the dry, bumpy roads of Brazil with peace that God was indeed in control and would resolve the problems at hand in His way and time and on His road.



We left Brazil for that hopping about furlough in December 9th of 2013 and came back on December 10th of 2014.  We have certainly come a long way and many miles since both trips.  Did all of our problems and bumps in the road just go away?  Nah, but we're still going and God is taking care of the rest.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts