Skip to main content

Traveling Song


When William and Dalton were small, we took them to the States for the first time.  On the way coming and going, William sang a different little song for each of the airplanes we rode.  He was so cute.  There we were getting on one plane at midnight with a four year old singing at the top of his lungs and his little toddler brother ringing in on the la, la, la's. I'm getting on a plane to Brazil... la, la, la!  People commented about how cute he was and how much he must love to travel.  Since then he has done he fair share of wandering on mission trips and to places all over Brazil and the USA.

This next week we will take off to parts unknown to us all around Brazil.  We won't have Dalton and William to sing-along as we go which makes us sort of sad.  But we will be making new songs as we go with lots of Greyson's instruments tagging along no doubt.  If you want to keep up with our travels, please check out my travel journal at the link below.  As we go, I'll try to post some pics from time to time.  Upon our return, I'll make more detailed entries about the places we visited along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Greyson and an Old Friend

An old friend of Greyson's went home to heaven early this morning. At camp Uncle Harold would often spend time talking with Greyson and singing little songs. He taught Greyson the song, If It Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee. All the boys can tell you some of Uncle Harold's favorite stories and jokes. When Greyson heard this morning that Uncle Harold had passed away, he was quiet for a long time. When I told him that I heard that he had just died in his sleep, he asked how that must feel. I replied that I thought it was good. Later Greyson came back to me and said that it was good. It meant that Uncle Harold had fallen asleep and woken up in Heaven. He was a good friend to all my boys.   Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Hang down your head and cry. Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Poor boy, you're bound to die. This time tomorrow. Reckon where I'll be. Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee...