Flat on My Face on a DC Sidewalk


If you stopped by the Cactus Flower yesterday and saw my post and got to read it, good for you. Somehow the whole thing got deleted after I downloaded an app for Blogger on my phone and touched the title of this particular entry.  Poof, off into the wastelands of cyberspace went my silly recounting of how we didn't get to fly out on Monday.  The silly girls above we're acting like it was a good thing!

Alas, I considering retelling the whole thing, but perhaps it was a little depressing and needed to be removed anyway.  Basically the story is I couldn't leave the country because my Brazilian ID expired last month.  It represents my status - legal resident with a permanent visa.  And in the words of the little man at the Brazilian Embassy - now you're not.

Somewhere in the course of the day, I fell on a sidewalk in DC as we scuffled about trying to take care of the details of the paperwork to get a tourist visa to return to Brazil.  Byron was retelling the same story to someone yesterday and said, I was just able to catch her elbow so she didn't fall too badly.  I gotta tell you, I don't remember that part at all.  I did hit the ground and it seemed all that was hurt was my hand (and pride), but the rest is just a blur - like most of the day.  

Moral of the story:  Don't write blog entries when your memories are blurry, your emotions are high, and your fingers hurt.

We are currently waiting to hear back from the Brazilian Embassy who have my visa application and my passport.  As soon as we hear from them we will book tickets to try to go back to Brazil as soon as possible.

I know what many of you are thinking - why don't you just stay here?  This is a sign.  I know because I've heard the comments and seen the chit-chat here and there on Facebook and WhatsApp.  I'll leave that for another post... my fingers hurt.




Comments

  1. At least you were able to jump up and move on.We hope to see you before you take off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts