Prayers for a Pal



Remember our pal, Nicolas?  Before our furlough the little guy spent a lot of time in our house.  We hadn't gotten to see him since we'd arrived until this weekend.  But when we did it was just as if we'd never been gone!  

Seems our little buddy talks a lot about us to his grandmother.  Made me think of the impact adults have on children.  The little time that Mr. Nic spent in our house had a big impression on his life. We had rules and some consequences and there was lots of patience and love.  We spent lots of time playing games together, digging in the dirt together, and reading books.  There was also lots of time to talk about God.

I'm praying for my little pal this week as some big changes are taking place in his life over the next few weeks.  I'm praying and planning on how to continue to make an impact in his life even from far away.

In much the same way, I'm working to stay involved in our three boys' lives and in those of our two grandbabies.  It takes effort and involves consistent prayer.  But I know from my own mother's example over the years that the labor is worth the prize.



And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deuteronomy 6: 6-7


Comments

Popular Posts