Well, I Miss 'Em!

March 2019
There's my babes!  Chase and Mariyah.  My Stateside grandbabies. When we travel people here ask about them and about my sons.  And I enjoy telling about them, but I don't say too much.  Just don't want to monopolize any casual conversations.  If the questions are specific and if someone seems genuinely interested, out pops the cell phone and I hunt for my file of photos.

Often I hear new grandmothers closer to where we live chatting about recent visits with theirs.  I keep quiet and enjoy the thoughts of my recent phone conversations and video chats.  I don't speak up too much about how I make YouTube videos for my babes, send them regular real paper cards and pray for them every day.  I don't share my hopes that when they are big enough they can spend their summers in Brazil with Mama and Papa.  

February 2018
Nope, I just wait.  That's the life of a missionary mama.  I can be patient.  I send gifts from time to time and rest in the fact that they know who I am.  They know where I live.  And they know I love them.  And I know we will be together soon enough.

I take great delight in knowing what they've been up to.  I enjoy seeing them grow and hearing their voices.  I am so grateful for the fact that their parents take great care to stay in touch.

I pray for God to guide their little hearts to repentance and acceptance of Him as Lord and Saviour.  I pray for their mommy and daddy to always have enough money, enough love and enough time.  Bless them, God.  Bless their parents.  Thank you for them.

Comments

Popular Posts