Praying for the Pandemia

How does a person pray for an on-going, world-wide catastrophe?
That was the question I set out to answer earlier this week.  I wanted to have some sort of low-key [not live] prayer event for the followers of our Brazilian version of Umbrella Prayers called Sombrinhas de Oração.  

In this quest for information I sought answers from friends and my Sombrinhas' colleague, Anne Almeida.  We both decided to "sponsor an event" through our Facebook page.  Interestingly as I set up the "event," Facebook gave me several warnings about sponsoring a group activity during a health crisis with stay at home edicts in effect.  I made sure I wrote "on-line" only and "each one in their own home" in several pertinent locations.


On Wednesday or Thursday we decided on a Bible passage for our "guests" to read and I set to making a brief devotional and looked for a list of prayer points.  All day on Friday we worked and edited and corrected and edited again our digital study packet.

This morning about 20 people participated that we can be somewhat sure of during the set hour and quite a few more received our materials.  


So back to the question, how do you pray for a pandemia?  I think you start with a good look at who God is.  Move to a good look at who you are and what you've been up to lately - good and bad, confessing known sins.  Then you pray humbly for those around you and those you love.

If you would like to take a look at our study packet, please refer to the PDF below that has been translated into English.  If you have any interest for the same in Portuguese, feel free to send us a message in the comment section.

May God have mercy on our world in these harrowing days.


Comments

Popular Posts