52 Days

The photos from my cell phone are in chronological order starting with March 18th, the day our town "shut down" for the coronavirus.

I started praying for people that would be affecting by the Covid-19 Crisis. That was 52 days ago.  I spent the first five weeks of the crisis with the help of two friends developing Bible studies for our Umbrella Prayer friends.  I basically cooked, cleaned a little, studied, edited and published and promoted our virtual study events for five weeks.


In between times I petted our three dogs a lot.  They were very happy to have us at home all day long!  I tried to fix happy and creative meals.


Brazilian Baião de Dois, a beans and rice dish with cheese.   Here's the basic recipe:  https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1718284



Here we are smiling and happy.  I didn't sleep so well the first few weeks, and still have a hard time some nights.  But, I can be thankful for a basically happy husband, and a Great God.
 

I forgot to mention the cat earlier.  She had mixed feelings about our never leaving the house thing.
 
 




Comfort Food - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli and buttered corn splashed down with sweet iced tea
 
Figuring out Zoom calls...



The Saturday I asked Byron to take my photo just before an Umbrella Prayer virtual event.  He tripped just after snapping the picture and spilled my cup of coffee all over my prayer journal.  I lived.  He lived.  The prayer journal still lived.  I cried a tear.

The cat stepping on my books

I started taking my own photos before events by Week 4.

Byron does a better job... but no spilled coffee or tears.

Got some face masks made by week 5

More cat and dog time

More Umbrella Prayers.



Family Prayer Chart, Week 6

Read for video books for the grandkids


Byron got tired of bailing rain water out of the boat out front.


Venturing out together

Wednesday prayer time

Fixing things

Sleeping cat pics

Praying, praying, praying

A Facebook chat with a cousin

Started scraping and painting all the doors


God is our Rock

Prayer for Brazil

Today, May 9, 2020

We haven't starved.  I wondered if the world would run out of food those first few days.  We haven't gotten sick.  Although, I guess we still could.  We've had lots of time together and still love each other.  We've talked to family more than ever.  We've prayed and made videos and online studies for ministry.  We've fixed and worked on things that we never have time for.
|And we continue to pray and press on.

Comments

Popular Posts