Fridays

 


Yesterday someone in Lage dos Negros asked me what it is that I do...  Good question!  Every day is different!  My Fridays as a missionary don't look much like the other days of my week.  I don't take as many photos of people.  We travel in a dune buggy, and our visits are in homes, a little more personal.  I do often find willing goats just dying to get their picture taken.


We leave our house in Sobradinho early in the morning and make various stops visiting people along dirt roads.  In some places Byron tells a Bible story for adults and prays.  In others he presents a more formal interactive Bible study.  


My job is to take lots of snacks, help navigate ("Watch out for that...") and entertain kids along the way.  I take a Bible lesson and songs, but I never know exactly who I may find in each place.  Sometimes the crowd is small, sometimes it's big.



Over the past two years that Byron and I have been traveling the dirt roads between Sobradinho and Lage dos Negros, I have told a lot of Bible stories!  And I've played with lots of dolls and marbles.  I've held fussy babies so the parents could listen to the lesson with Byron.  

Today we visited an out of the way community where we don't go often.  The little girl of the house came out calling my name and showing me her new puppy.  We played with the puppy and talked and laughed and smiled while Byron spoke to the grandmother.

All in all, Fridays are the best.  And I love passing by cows at high speeds.





Comments

Popular Posts