Home for the Holidays

Day after Christmas in Virginia

Christmas Eve found me in Brazil hurrying about to get things in order to catch a plane with my missionary man to make it to Christmas dinner with extended family in North Carolina on time!  I'm not sure what time everyone planned on eating, but I think we made it at just the right hour.

The day after Christmas Byron spoke at a nearby church and then we hurried up to Virginia to my parents with some of the North Carolina gang coming up the next day to see my brother and family.  All in all those first couple of days were rushed, but very good!

Our trip was not a furlough, but we did work hard to see as many of our Piedmont Triad churches as possible and some friends.  Our plans were complicated by four snowfalls and an Omicron surge.  Several churches we had hoped to stop in for a visit were just not having all their "old normal" weekly services.  



One of the main reasons for our holiday trip was to see our family up close and in person.  We did our best to do just that.




I did not take nearly enough photos, but I did try to focus on each moment with our sons, daughters-in-love, parents, and grandchildren.

In this crazy "new era" of "post-corona," it's hard to say what will become of international travel over the days and years to come.  We decided it was a good time to go, we braved the complications, tests and what all, and we were very happy.

The shortness of our venture allowed for us to cover our bases somewhat on the mission field while gone.  Tomorrow we head out for a two-day trip interior.  Not sure if I'm ready, but I will go with pleasant thoughts and a sweet happiness in my heart.


Comments

Popular Posts