Prayers and Stitches

I've been working for several months on an original quilt for my next grandchild.  All along the way I've asked my sweet daughter-in-law about her wishes and plans for her next nursery.


It took a while to make decisions and to go to the big city to hunt for good cloth.  One piece even was ordered from the USA and had to be waited upon.  But after months of planning and working, the decisions began to come together in an organized manner.

With each step of the process, I have prayed for the little one to come...




The pattern of a basic windmill and sailboat for the quilt blocks is not a new one, but the layout is.  With each stitch I pray and ask God to bring this little life to birth safely and with good health.  Also I pray for his future, that he might be a fine Christian young man.



The little quilt won't be perfect.  I've ripped out seams, shed tears and even thought I'd broken my sewing machine at one point.  But I can pray as I work that our little fellow will have a happy life and that his happiness will come from knowing Jesus as his own!


Here's a little of my conversation that I decided to record for the babe to hear someday in the future...


Comments

Popular Posts