Skip to main content

Gratitude

 

Aline and me

Last month a pastor's wife from a church across the big lake invited to speak at a small event for the ladies of their women's missionary society group.  It was meant to be a final moment for their calendar year and she suggested that I speak about gratitude especially in like of what has been one crazy year.

I first met Aline when her husband assumed the pastorate not long before the big bad pandemic took over the world.  Our actual physical encounters had been few when everything went haywire.  But, because of Umbrella Prayers our virtual communication and our joint prayer time has been much over the past nine months.  

Ladies from my town that went along. 
My Umbrella Prayer assistant, Anne Sibele is by my side.

I think it's amazing that as Christian women we were able to find a way to pray together from opposite sides of great big lake while in isolation due to a worldwide lockdown.  Love does find a way, and we can be grateful in all situations.  

I am thankful for many women who participated in our virtual prayer moments with Sombrinhas de Oração during these quarantine days.  Together with the assistance of a faithful friend, we hosted through our blog, Facebook page and Instagram weekly prayer/devotional guides, weekly prayer times and regular encouragement for daily intercession and praise with posts, live videos and posted video messages during the months since March.

I don't really know where to go with our little visual prayer ministry in 2021.  Hosting in person prayer workshops may be a thing of the past, who knows.  I feeling kinda weary to be honest and feel like my writing and planning capabilities have be stretched to their limit.  But, do pray and we look to the future with Sombrinhas de Oração.

Video from the ladies' meeting:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Catching Canoes with Tennis Shoes

This was originally posted on my old Yahoo!360 blog on November 8, 2006.  Today is a good day to re-post it!  For years we have prayed for a man to come along side Byron and help him with the work of the boat and the camp.  Recently it seemed that God had, in a unique way, answered those prayers.  Then suddenly everything was turned upside down this week, and I began to wonder if I would have to start "catching canoes with tennis shoes" again!  But our God is indeed an Awesome God and knows all things.  Read on and a little later I'll tell the rest of the story with our recent test of patience and prayer in the area of the camp and help for our work here in Sobradinho. The photo below was not included in my original post, by the way... Children's Retreat, July 2010 November 8, 2006--- I have no photo today since no one had a camera in hand during this little adventure.  As we were leaving the canal where the boat is usually kept to go ...