Skip to main content

National Missionaries

 


The vision of our ministry goes beyond just us. Since the beginning of our work in Vale do Salitre we have sought to encourage national young men and women with calling, commitment and compassion to join us in evangelism and church planting.

We thank the Lord God for these who have been called. Pedro is already helping in Abreus, and will live in Lage dos Negros starting in June of this year.  Another young man named João, a graduate of the Word of Life Bible Institute of Bolivia will be assisting him.

Carlinhos and Clarinha are preparing to get married at the end of 2024, and intend to help with a new work in Curral Velho.  This community is close to Abreus.  Carlinhos and Clarinha will be able to live in the area and reach out to both communities as well as others.

Felipe and Paola are arriving in Sobradinho this month and will help with various aspects of the missionary work up close and personal with their experience and with their VW Kombi as a ministry tool.

Adrielly is undergoing missionary training at Instituto Bíblico Peniel with the intention of returning to our area of Brazil at the end of 2025.  We can't wait for her to come.  During holidays from school she travels with us helping every week.

God has met their needs in the past, and He will continue.  Pray to see how your church can participate in this work of reaching our "quintal" - the interior of Juazeiro and Campo Formoso!


If you would like more information on how
to be a part of supporting any or all
of these new national missionaries,
send Byron an email at
bwaii@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Catching Canoes with Tennis Shoes

This was originally posted on my old Yahoo!360 blog on November 8, 2006.  Today is a good day to re-post it!  For years we have prayed for a man to come along side Byron and help him with the work of the boat and the camp.  Recently it seemed that God had, in a unique way, answered those prayers.  Then suddenly everything was turned upside down this week, and I began to wonder if I would have to start "catching canoes with tennis shoes" again!  But our God is indeed an Awesome God and knows all things.  Read on and a little later I'll tell the rest of the story with our recent test of patience and prayer in the area of the camp and help for our work here in Sobradinho. The photo below was not included in my original post, by the way... Children's Retreat, July 2010 November 8, 2006--- I have no photo today since no one had a camera in hand during this little adventure.  As we were leaving the canal where the boat is usually kept to go ...