Splashpads and VBS

It's summer-time in North Carolina and that means family vacations, splashpads and lots of Vacation Bible Schools.  Byron and I have already found out what a splashpad is.  We will go on a family vacation soon and tomorrow we will go to a VBS.  

So far our time in the USA has been relatively calm and easy.  We visited one of our supporting churches on Father's Day and slowly we are setting up times to report in all our churches.  We even got to spend some time with one of our individual supporters this past Saturday!

Our days just prior to hopping on the airplane for furlough were intense and full, so this week we are enjoying a little quiet and slow time.  Byron is feeling a little under the weather, but I hope he'll be up and at it quickly.  I'm sure the call of motorcycle weather will perk him up fast.

Today I spent a little bit of time with all three of our grandkids and I'm happy that everyone knows my name even the little one!  Seriously, I work hard to that end when I am on the mission field.  Know my name, know they are loved!  I'm not entirely sure if the grand cat remembers me, but she has not bitten my hand off as of yet.

While we enjoy all things American, we pray for and communicate with our national colleagues in Brazil on a frequent basis and continue to message with friends and contacts.  We pray especially for our missionary in Lage dos Negros - Pedro Henrique Costa.

That's all for now.  Got to get ready for VBS tomorrow at Greyson's new church.










Pray for Pedro!

 

Comments

Popular Posts