Skip to main content

Fall in the USA

 It's that time of the year in the United States when all things are pumpkin spice even ice cream and coffee.  Yes, I recently ordered and enjoyed a scoop of pumpkin spice ice cream.  Crazy right?  Not for Americans!  

Byron and I went to the NC State Fair this week with a church group of senior citizens.  Another crazy thing.  Have we really reached this age?  Byron perhaps, but me?  

Granny has indeed and was happy to go.  Anyone aged 65 and up got in free.  We did have to pay, so I guess we aren't quite there yet.

Granny enjoyed the pumpkins on display and wanted to ride the giant Ferris wheel stating she might never have another chance.
 


I've found most of my fall favorite clothes that had been in storage and even purchased a few new tops to make it through the season.  It's truly crazy at the lengths people go to decorating their homes and making sure they have the latest in pumpkin spice style.  This top is at least 10 years old and still does the trick for me.

I was grateful for a gift basket from a dear friend with a fall scented candle and other items all in a new basket.  I bought some Dollar Tree seasonal flowers a few towels, and other items to redo my small living space.

And I'd be just about ready to say I'm prepared to head back to Brazil, but I'd miss out on the fall school field trips!



Aren't they cute as buttons!  Guess I'll have to buy a pumpkin and enjoy the autumn breezes for a little longer.  But furlough time is a-ticking.

But in the weeks to come I have a few more moments to make good memories with young and old alike as the holiday season gets into full swing and missionary mama starts packing her bags for Brazil.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

The Big Orange Cat - A story for my nephews

This is a very special story written for my three little nephews who live in Southern Brazil very far from where I live up in the Northeast of Bahia.  I hope you all remember this special day. Once upon a time there were three little brothers who lived in a far away place called Mountain Valley.  The three little brothers were the only sons of a man and woman who were getting ready to travel to a far off country.  They were going to be missionaries in a place were many people needed to hear about God and the Bible.  The three little boys had a crazy old aunt who was home from that same far away country.  She and her husband happened to have three sons just like the man and woman.  She and her husband were missionaries just like the man and woman, too.  They had been living in the far away country for many years and had never gotten to meet the three little boys before. One day while in the place near Mountain Valley where the missionary ...