Chickens and Roads

When I was a girl I thought the chicken crossing the road joke was the funniest thing of all.  Have you heard it?


Why did the chicken cross the road?
 
To get to the other side.
 
It's an example of the kind of joke that is easy to retell with other crazy answers.  When I was a girl and went to a big elementary school, kids loved to ask the question but with some other crazy answer just to trick their friends.
 
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove he wasn't chicken!
 
Why did the duck cross the road?
Because it was the chicken's day off.
 
Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide!
 
Years ago Grandaddy got a newspaper every Sunday.  The newspaper on Sundays was a bigger edition with a section of comics, an insert with advertisements and coupons, and even a special section with a TV schedule for the week.  The Roanoke Times newspaper even had a special mini-newspaper for kids.  Every week they asked for kids to send in stories, drawings and jokes that were chosen for that week.
 
One week I sent in a joke by mail.  There was no email or Facebook or even Internet back then.  My joke got published!  This is the joke I sent in...
 
Why did the orange NOT cross the road?
 

 


(answer is at the very bottom of the post)
 
I was so happy that my joke got published in the Mini Pages of the newspaper.  Somewhere in all my old stuff stored at Grandma's house I still have a copy of the paper.  I thought I was famous!
 
Do you boys like to tell silly jokes?  After all these years of living in Brazil, sometimes I can almost sneak in a joke from time to time.  Telling jokes in another language can be hard.  It's a real talent to be able to reach that level.  Sometimes Uncle Byron can even get a joke from English to work when translated into Portuguese.
 
That's all for this week.  I hope you boys have a good weekend!  See you later, alligators!
 
Ah, here's the answer ---

He ran out of juice!

 
  

 

Comments

  1. Good job.I must be getting old I had forgotten about your joke in the paper.I'm sure it's still here in a box.i'm the keeper of boxes,many are mine.I did get rid of one box last year.It was full of painted items from Good News Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember if you find something valuable we have to divide the profits 50/50!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular Posts