Big City Finds


We needed milk.  At least that's the excuse I stated to my missionary man.  We live in a small interior town.  Our milk comes in boxes like the one of the right with Betania written on it.  It's long life milk.  Fresh milk is not available.  A liter of box of milk here in town is almost BR$5.00, but in the big city!  It's much cheaper, you know!

So off we went!  My hubby really knew that I just needed to go.  I needed to walk about the air-conditioned mall and eat at an "American" restaurant!  There are two malls within an hour of us. One with a big grocery store and lots of other neat shops, Burger Kings, McD's and even a Subway.  The other with some interesting stores, a BK and a Subway.  

We had our lunch in one at Burger King, cruised the stores and made some purchases at the big grocery store.  Then we stopped downtown to buy a new Bible for me.  Oh, I've been needing one desperately as James and Peter are falling out of the one I have.  Hubby made some stops at car parts stores along the way.  Then we crossed the river into the second of the two cities close to us and hit mall #2!  Whew!  A two mall day!  

We got subs from Subway to take home and hit the bumpy road back to our little interior town.  Sort of silly in some ways, but refreshing.  Even old missionaries need a little cultural boost from time to time.  

And look at all that good stuff I found!

This is my thankful for my good man face!

Comments

Popular Posts