Warming Up!


The little app on my phone screen told me yesterday that it was only 97°F.  I'm sure it was wrong.  This is the time of the year when the breezy tropical winds stop blowing and all that is left is the heat of the bright equatorial sun.  Those are the days when we shut the doors of our little house to keep the heat out!  Yesterday was indeed one of those days.  Even the cat was croaking!



When I saw her laying on top of a book and a pen in front of a fan, it was just comical.  I wondered if she was hoping someone would come back and turn on the fan!



Days like these make it hard to ride the sand rail on our interior visits.  But we leave home a little earlier to avoid the heat, take lots of water and are thankful when the sun goes down in the evening.  

This week on our Thursday interior run my arms which I'd coated in sunscreen ended up with an extra coating of sand!  As we rode over the sandy roads the dust clung to wherever I'd put my sunscreen.  

So fun.  But no need to complain.  Just live and learn and do better next time!  Living in a warm place means drinking more water every day, avoiding caffeinated drinks on super hot days, and cooling off with lots of showers throughout the day.  I'm thankful for my Frogg Togg cooling towel that keeps a cool temperature for a long time when wetted.  It helps me through a many long hot night in the interior and even at home.



On another note, prayers for one of our interior Bible study students.  His name is Romilton.  This past Tuesday he was passing through our town with his new job.  He spent the night with us and enjoyed some good conversation instead of staying at a local hotel.  His new job is messing up his Bible study lessons and keeps him on the road during the week away from family.  Pray for his spiritual growth and safety on the road.

Comments

Popular Posts