33 Years

1987

On the hottest day on record for May 30th in 1987, I got married.  It was a simple affair.  All the fresh roses wilted and were replaced with artificial silk ones at the last minute.  We were young, and we were rather "sem noção" (without a clue).  We had grand plans.  We shared common goals.  We had no idea what the future would really hold.

But we started with a decision that nothing would tear us apart.  It was a choice.  I thank God that we have stuck it out for 33 years.  And I must tell you, dear reader of this blog, that the past few have been the best!  

Today in the middle of the peak weeks of the coronavirus crisis in Brazil we won't go out to any fancy restaurant or run off to the beach.  We'll just stay home, watch a movie and maybe order out for some grilled meat kabobs.  But it's all good!  And we are happy!

Thank you, God, for your loving care for my man and me over the past thirty-three crazy years.


2020

Comments

Popular Posts