Skip to main content

Hope for Kids

Kids are funny.  Some like me just because I'm someone different in their little community.  Some because they seem to have an interest in the Bible stories I tell.  This little fellow is named "Achey" although that's not how it's spelled in Portuguese.  

He seems to truly enjoy learning about the Bible and hearing the stories I tell.  Sometimes his older sister helps him to learn the memory verses.  He can answer all the review questions.

Pray for him to know Jesus.


These three are from another community.  The youngest is a hoot.  She can't read but works hard by pestering her mother all week to learn the latest verse and get her prize.  The older two girls need Jesus as their Savior before they end up like many young teen girls in interior places.


This little silly frequently gets mad at me while I'm at her house.  She lives quite far from a community.  We visit her house on Fridays.  She's a cutie but has a temper.  She can remember the Bible songs we sing, but I'm not sure how much she really understands about God and love  and sin and forgiveness.  It's hard to communicate all she needs to know when all she sees around her for most of the week is not from the Bible.

Lately it's been hot and hotter.  Our outdoor Bible clubs suffer from the ups and downs of the weather.  We sow the seed of God's truth and looks for ways to show children and adults of God's great love.

Pray for 12 children in three communities who can read and have started doing correspondence Bible lessons recently.

Thank you for your prayers on our behalf and for our work.

Matthew 18:10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Greyson and an Old Friend

An old friend of Greyson's went home to heaven early this morning. At camp Uncle Harold would often spend time talking with Greyson and singing little songs. He taught Greyson the song, If It Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee. All the boys can tell you some of Uncle Harold's favorite stories and jokes. When Greyson heard this morning that Uncle Harold had passed away, he was quiet for a long time. When I told him that I heard that he had just died in his sleep, he asked how that must feel. I replied that I thought it was good. Later Greyson came back to me and said that it was good. It meant that Uncle Harold had fallen asleep and woken up in Heaven. He was a good friend to all my boys.   Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Hang down your head and cry. Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Poor boy, you're bound to die. This time tomorrow. Reckon where I'll be. Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee...