A New Number

 

Today begins the use of a new number - 58!  Hope I can remember it!  I had a hard time piping up with 57 all during the past year.  Just couldn't seem to remember.  But here we are.

My mother was out shopping when she felt it was time to go to the hospital, and I like to shop!  She ate a tuna fish sandwich if I'm not mistaken before she went to the hospital, I like tuna fish!  That story may have been before my brother was born.

My mother loves the Lord and enjoyed many years of telling children about Jesus.  I like that, too!

I'm glad my birthday fell on a Monday.  It's my day "off" from our missionary-ing.  Today I plan on a simple lunch and tackling some much needed laundry.  But I woke up early with a desire to write just a little.  

As a girl I knew that being a missionary was my life's call.  I've done so many different types of work since coming to Brazil.  What I'm doing now is what I had always envisioned when young.   I tell Bible stories under shade trees.  Sometimes my flannel figures fly in the wind.  This week Elijah took flight as I was telling about the two altars on the top of Mount Carmel!

Something else I had always wanted early on in my days in Brazil was to see others follow in my footsteps.  This year there were five young people from Sobradinho studying at a missionary training school. This weekend Byron and I will have the privilege of seeing in person three graduate.  That will be a true birthday present in more ways than one.

Look for some photos of graduation in my next post.  

Maybe I'll eat some tuna fish today for my birthday lunch!


Comments

Popular Posts