Skip to main content

An Old Prayer


 I draw prayers!  It's a method called Umbrella Prayers!  I'll leave the link at the bottom of this little post.  Recently I was going through my prayer notebook/coloring pad and came upon this one.  Each prayer focuses on an attribute of God.  This one was a look at Eternal.  I didn't do a lot of doodling or embellishing here, just listed the names and a little detail of my concern for each person.

The yellow highlights are from last week when I came upon this page again.  It was originally made in 2021 if I'm not mistaken.  Something cool about keeping a prayer journal of any sort is being able to go back and see how God worked in that situation.  

Some prayers seem to never really get a specific answer from our Lord - like a request for world peace in times like today.  But it was a joy to see how God had worked in regards to the points of this prayer, and is still working.  God is in control.  


Sometimes we wonder... but we can know that He is.  As a child of God with my sins forgiven I can know He wants my best.

Thank you, God, for hearing my prayers.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.


Umbrella Prayers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Greyson and an Old Friend

An old friend of Greyson's went home to heaven early this morning. At camp Uncle Harold would often spend time talking with Greyson and singing little songs. He taught Greyson the song, If It Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee. All the boys can tell you some of Uncle Harold's favorite stories and jokes. When Greyson heard this morning that Uncle Harold had passed away, he was quiet for a long time. When I told him that I heard that he had just died in his sleep, he asked how that must feel. I replied that I thought it was good. Later Greyson came back to me and said that it was good. It meant that Uncle Harold had fallen asleep and woken up in Heaven. He was a good friend to all my boys.   Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Hang down your head and cry. Hang down your head, Tom Dooley. Poor boy, you're bound to die. This time tomorrow. Reckon where I'll be. Hadn't been for Grayson, I'd be in Tennessee...