Skip to main content

Sis-In-Love


Seems in-laws always get a bad rap from mother-in-law jokes to the sad tales of rejection of a new bride by the other women in a big family.  My dear brother married a wonderful young woman and I can gladly say that she is a wonderful sister-in-law and in-love!  We've had little I.R.L. (*in real life) time to be together but I can rest assured that she is always praying for and thinking of me as I do of her.

Saturday was my s-i-love's 39th birthday.  I want to wish her a wonderful birthday and a happy new year.  A new year to live for Christ and to enjoy all the good memories that she can squeeze into her 40th year of life!

Happy Birthday, Angie!




We're always coming and going but like the two in the middle,    
we can always be friends and hold each other's hand along the way!
Praying for you each day as you tend the little sprouts in your garden of boys.


Comments

  1. She is truly a special part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she doesn´t mind that we know her age! Would love to meet her one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I don't think she minds! She declared it herself on her blog! I do hope you get to meet them all sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a message if you would.

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

Catching Canoes with Tennis Shoes

This was originally posted on my old Yahoo!360 blog on November 8, 2006.  Today is a good day to re-post it!  For years we have prayed for a man to come along side Byron and help him with the work of the boat and the camp.  Recently it seemed that God had, in a unique way, answered those prayers.  Then suddenly everything was turned upside down this week, and I began to wonder if I would have to start "catching canoes with tennis shoes" again!  But our God is indeed an Awesome God and knows all things.  Read on and a little later I'll tell the rest of the story with our recent test of patience and prayer in the area of the camp and help for our work here in Sobradinho. The photo below was not included in my original post, by the way... Children's Retreat, July 2010 November 8, 2006--- I have no photo today since no one had a camera in hand during this little adventure.  As we were leaving the canal where the boat is usually kept to go ...