Skip to main content

52 Days

The photos from my cell phone are in chronological order starting with March 18th, the day our town "shut down" for the coronavirus.

I started praying for people that would be affecting by the Covid-19 Crisis. That was 52 days ago.  I spent the first five weeks of the crisis with the help of two friends developing Bible studies for our Umbrella Prayer friends.  I basically cooked, cleaned a little, studied, edited and published and promoted our virtual study events for five weeks.


In between times I petted our three dogs a lot.  They were very happy to have us at home all day long!  I tried to fix happy and creative meals.


Brazilian Baião de Dois, a beans and rice dish with cheese.   Here's the basic recipe:  https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1718284



Here we are smiling and happy.  I didn't sleep so well the first few weeks, and still have a hard time some nights.  But, I can be thankful for a basically happy husband, and a Great God.
 

I forgot to mention the cat earlier.  She had mixed feelings about our never leaving the house thing.
 
 




Comfort Food - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli and buttered corn splashed down with sweet iced tea
 
Figuring out Zoom calls...



The Saturday I asked Byron to take my photo just before an Umbrella Prayer virtual event.  He tripped just after snapping the picture and spilled my cup of coffee all over my prayer journal.  I lived.  He lived.  The prayer journal still lived.  I cried a tear.

The cat stepping on my books

I started taking my own photos before events by Week 4.

Byron does a better job... but no spilled coffee or tears.

Got some face masks made by week 5

More cat and dog time

More Umbrella Prayers.



Family Prayer Chart, Week 6

Read for video books for the grandkids


Byron got tired of bailing rain water out of the boat out front.


Venturing out together

Wednesday prayer time

Fixing things

Sleeping cat pics


Praying, praying, praying


A Facebook chat with a cousin

Started scraping and painting all the doors


God is our Rock

Prayer for Brazil

Today, May 9, 2020

We haven't starved.  I wondered if the world would run out of food those first few days.  We haven't gotten sick.  Although, I guess we still could.  We've had lots of time together and still love each other.  We've talked to family more than ever.  We've prayed and made videos and online studies for ministry.  We've fixed and worked on things that we never have time for.
|And we continue to pray and press on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

The Big Orange Cat - A story for my nephews

This is a very special story written for my three little nephews who live in Southern Brazil very far from where I live up in the Northeast of Bahia.  I hope you all remember this special day. Once upon a time there were three little brothers who lived in a far away place called Mountain Valley.  The three little brothers were the only sons of a man and woman who were getting ready to travel to a far off country.  They were going to be missionaries in a place were many people needed to hear about God and the Bible.  The three little boys had a crazy old aunt who was home from that same far away country.  She and her husband happened to have three sons just like the man and woman.  She and her husband were missionaries just like the man and woman, too.  They had been living in the far away country for many years and had never gotten to meet the three little boys before. One day while in the place near Mountain Valley where the missionary ...