Skip to main content

Peniel Student Report: Fall 2023

 

Sammy, Luiza & Bruno

All the Instituto Bíblico Peniel students are enjoying a break this week between quarters.  So it's a good time to catch up on sleep, reading and news.  Baby Samuel is seven months old now and keeps Bruno and Luiza on their toes. Both parents are students and are thankful for the on-site nursery that helps Luiza stay in school and for the assistance of many willing arms. All three are well physically and excited about finishing school in early December. Pray as they consider where God wants them for future ministry.



Adrielly, our newest student from Sobradinho, is doing well.  She had worked to pay for her first semester of school.  This fall we started helping with funds from you all that were sent earlier this year.  She had some real homesickness after going in January, but is doing great and enjoys all her classes about the Bible.

Adrielly


Clarinha
Please pray for Clarinha as she has had some health problems over the past months.  She has had problems with allergies and with pain in her spinal column.  She is having blood work and tests run.  She also had to have her wisdom teeth removed last month, but missed only a day of classes. She enjoys helping with music at the school chapel times.  Her smile and happiness encourage all around her.

Pedro Henrique




Pedro recovered well from his bout of malaria caught on a summer missions trip to the Amazon.  Recently he has continued helping with a weekend ministry with boys in the small city near the school.  

He can hardly wait to get back to the Sertão, our region of the country, and start helping in the work of the local church and in evangelism in the interior.  He graduates in early December.


It's always a joy to know that all the students from Sobradinho get to together as often as they can to sing, fellowship and pray together.  We can hardly wait for them to come home in December and look forward to their help over the holidays.  

Thank you for your prayers for these future missionaries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Orange Cat

Do you boys remember that big orange cat at the mission house in North Carolina?  That was a special day for me.  I don't have a new story for this Friday.  I've had a long week, but my mind kept going back to that cat this week as I thought about what I would post for you boys today.  Click on the link down below to go back to my big people blog and reread the cat story if you like. Oh, by the way, this morning I made a special trip down to the other end of our town to see the guinea pigs being sold at a grocery store.  This particular store sells medicine and feed for all kinds of animals.  This month they are selling guinea pigs, baby chickens, and dachshund puppies!  Their guinea pigs looked very healthy.  They are selling them for BR$10 each or BR$15 for a pair.  Uncle Byron said that he was glad I didn't bring any home with me! One more thing - this week a mama possum came in our yard.  The dogs chased it and Girl Dog let out a squ...

My Promise Verse

Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take:  when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. This verse has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager. When I was a high school senior at a Christian school in Virginia, Job 23:10 was chosen as our class theme verse. At our graduation commencement, the valedictorian and saludatorian in their addresses that day divided the verse in its two natural parts as a basis for the core of each one's address. I was the salutatorian of my senior class that year.  I chose to speak of how God would one day reward our faithfulness and thus, we should always strive to remain true. For many years though, the first part of the verse haunted me in a way. As a missionary especially when times were lonely or difficult, I assumed it was my "trial" or "test," and as such must be accepted in all humility. As I have grown older, I have begun to look more toward the pearly gates and have reconsidered the thr...

The Big Orange Cat - A story for my nephews

This is a very special story written for my three little nephews who live in Southern Brazil very far from where I live up in the Northeast of Bahia.  I hope you all remember this special day. Once upon a time there were three little brothers who lived in a far away place called Mountain Valley.  The three little brothers were the only sons of a man and woman who were getting ready to travel to a far off country.  They were going to be missionaries in a place were many people needed to hear about God and the Bible.  The three little boys had a crazy old aunt who was home from that same far away country.  She and her husband happened to have three sons just like the man and woman.  She and her husband were missionaries just like the man and woman, too.  They had been living in the far away country for many years and had never gotten to meet the three little boys before. One day while in the place near Mountain Valley where the missionary ...