Spring Cleaning

 

It's that time of the year when I see lots of posts on social media from my USA friends about all things spring.  Here in my little part of the world, NE Brazil, it is the end part of our "summer" rainy season.  Soon we will move into our less hot and more windy "winter" season.  

No one around me is talking about "spring cleaning," but I have that feverous desire to move things around and organized my life because it is almost time for a furlough.  My home organization revolves around the cycles of our furlough travels and not the seasons of the year.

And yesterday I bought our furlough airfare!  So I guess it's time to clean out the drawers and cabinets and throw out all the crazy things that have accumulated over the past few years.  It's time to get the dogs to the vet, buy gifts for grandkids and find a person to stay in our house while we our gone, ah, and hide all things I don't want anyone to mess with!

This morning I had set up for a young fellow from church that does odd jobs to help me clean out my back storage room.  It's the room we used for homeschooling way back when.  Now it's full of action packers of old books, toys, legos, microscopes and telescopes, and all sorts of miscellaneous odds and ends.  Yesterday I told the guy not to come...

I'm tired.  I have a million and one things to do.  And I wasn't sure if I really wanted the fellow to look at all my stuff.  The things aren't going anywhere.  I just wanted to straighten out the containers and sweep the floor.  But I decided to wait.  Today I will work on a message for International Women's Day and prepare my Bible story for our weekend ministries.  I'll do a little spring cleaning of my heart and soul.

I'm happy.  There's a soft breeze blowing and I'm loved by a big God.



Comments

Popular Posts